‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ to end with season 7 on ABC

‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ to end with season 7 on ABC

Postby ntscuser » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:03 pm

It’s almost the end of the road for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Per Deadline, ABC has announced today that the already-announced seventh season of the long-running Marvel series will also be its last. The news comes several months after the show, which is currently working its way through its sixth season, was given an early season seven renewal by ABC last November.

Speaking with Deadline about ending the series, Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb teased the following:

“When you know what you’re doing, you can take greater risks, of life and death. Those kinds of decisions suddenly now are real on the table because you’re not playing how do we undo this when we get to the next season. You’re playing that this is going to be the end of the story.”

Created by Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, and Joss Whedon, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” follows the adventures of several covert members of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. Its cast includes Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, and more.

The show’s cancellation doesn’t come as much of a surprise, as the series has steadily become one of ABC’s lowest ratings performers. Airing Friday nights, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is currently averaging a 0.4 live + same day rating among adults 18-49 this season, down slightly from its fifth season’s 0.5 average.

With this announcement, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is now the third ABC show confirmed to be coming to an end next season, joining “Modern Family” and “How to Get Away with Murder.”
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Sci-fi/Fantasy