'Hellboy 3' is still possible, says Guillermo Del Toro

'Hellboy 3' is still possible, says Guillermo Del Toro

Postby ntscuser » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 am

Guillermo Del Toro and Ron Perlman have suggested that a third Hellboy film could still happen.

Image

Despite recent speculation that a third comic book adaptation of the Dark Horse character was unlikely to happen, Del Toro and Perlman revealed at Comic-Con International this weekend that it was still under discussion.

Del Toro said during the panel: "I carried Don't Be Afraid of the Dark thirteen years. I carried Hellboy for almost eight years before it got made, so I'll stick to [a project] until it gets made.

"The reality is, each of those movies have been an incredible ordeal to make. [Hellboy] was an $89 million (£54.6 million) movie [but] I wound up making it for $50 million (£30.6 million) because nobody wanted a red guy."

Del Toro added: "The third one is the hardest one because it's the darkest one and not necessarily has a happy ending. The third one is epic. It's gigantic."

Perlman, who portrayed the titular character in 2004 film Hellboy and its 2008 sequel Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, said that he is still keen to round off the franchise with a final entry.

"There are things that are introduced in the first two films that have to be resolved in the third one," the actor added. "So for us to not make the third film would be kind of an injustice to [the fans]."

Hellboy creator Mike Mignola said last month that he could not see Del Toro ever getting around to making a third film due to the huge amount of projects he is involved with.
User avatar
ntscuser
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Return to Cinema

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron