Power Rangers movie reboot is delayed 6 months

Power Rangers movie reboot is delayed 6 months

Postby ntscuser » Fri May 01, 2015 8:40 pm

The Power Rangers are making their return to the big screen, but a delay is pushing the movie back six months.

A film reboot for the popular kids' series was announced as being in the works from Star Trek Into Darkness writer Roberto Orci last spring, although Orci later quit the project.

Development moved forward with Thor's Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz penning the screenplay and Dean Israelite circling the project as director.

Lionsgate and Saban Brands are now confirming that there will be a delay in release for the Power Rangers movie.

Power Rangers is moving from a July 22, 2016 release to January 13, 2017, according to Variety.

Little is known about the storyline for the reboot, other than that the original Green Ranger actor Jason David Frank is expected to appear.

Frank revealed last autumn: "They are so tight-lipped on that project, it's ridiculous. I don't even know my involvement in it. They talked to me about being involved, and the fans would love to see me involved.

"We were originally talking about a Green Ranger series, but unfortunately just due to the Lionsgate movie they don't want to overshadow anything or suppress the appetite of the fans, which is a little disappointing. But there's still possibilities of it. I think they are trying to save my appearance for the Lionsgate movie."

The very first television show in the series - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - became a worldwide sensation upon its debut in 1993.

Two big screen adventures followed in 1995 and 1997, earning a combined $75 million at the worldwide box office.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Cinema