Christina Ricci: 'Pan Am is really exciting'

Christina Ricci: 'Pan Am is really exciting'

Postby ntscuser » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:18 pm

The actress revealed that she considers her role as airline stewardess Maggie to be "perfect" for her, saying that she had long been looking for a part on television.

"I've been wanting to do television for a while and every year we looked at the new pilots and then [Pan Am] came along," Ricci told The Hollywood Reporter. "I was offered this and thought this was great and kind of perfect for me."

She explained: "It was an ensemble, which I was looking for. It's an hour long and I just loved that it was a different concept, really. It was something brand new. It's really exciting.

"I loved the period of time this was going to tackle, because for me this period in history is really, really interesting for our country. It's always been something that has been fascinating to me," the actress concluded. "So, I was really excited by it."

In August, Pan Am executive producer Thomas Schlamme dismissed comparisons between the new series and the AMC show Mad Men, insisting that the two are nothing alike, despite being set in the same time period.

Ricci has described the costumes on Pan Am as painful, saying that the corsets and girdles she had to wear were often problematic.

Pan Am premieres tonight at 10pm on ABC.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama