Christina Hendricks 'misses playing Joan'

Christina Hendricks 'misses playing Joan'

Postby ntscuser » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

Christina Hendricks has admitted that she misses playing Joan when she is not working on Mad Men.

Hendricks explained that although she works hard on the show, she misses the job when she is on hiatus.

"I love [Joan]," she told New York Magazine. "I always miss her.

"We work really, really hard and really intensely in the 13 episodes that we do, and we're all ready for a break. But then after two weeks, we're all kind of calling each other, being like, 'I want to get back to work, and I love it'."

Hendricks claimed that she always knew the protracted contract negotiations about the new season of Mad Men would be resolved.

"I knew that it was going to come back, and I knew that there was no way they could do it without [creator] Matt [Weiner], and I knew that they respected Matt's vision, and that it would all work out in the end," she said. "It's very common for shows to go through renegotiations with networks - it's what happens. I just wanted it to kind of hurry up is all."

Hendricks also revealed the other television shows she enjoys watching, including Top Chef, Fringe, Grey's Anatomy and Parenthood.

She added that she is a Gossip Girl fan but joked that she doesn't know who Blair (Leighton Meester) should end up with, saying: "That's the big question, isn't it?... Well, I love Ed Westwick [who plays Chuck]. I just love his outfits, if nothing else."
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama