'All My Children' creator upset by axe...

'All My Children' creator upset by axe...

Postby ntscuser » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 pm

All My Children creator Agnes Nixon says she is 'saddened' by the news that ABC has decided to axe the long-running soap.

The network announced earlier this week that it had decided to end All My Children and One Life to Live, both of which were created by Nixon over forty years ago.

"ABC's decision to cancel All My Children and One Life to Live saddens me greatly," Nixon said, in a statement released via EW. "I treasure the decades that the worlds of Pine Valley and Llanview were brought to life by our talented casts and crews.

"I appreciated that the network allowed our team to break new dramatic ground and always supported our commitment to the honest portrayal of social issues."

Nixon added: "Although ABC has concluded there is no longer a place for our shows on their network, I will do everything possible to keep them alive."

Susan Lucci, who has played Erica Kane on All My Children since the show's early days, had told TMZ earlier this week that there was "no truth" to rumours that the show had been axed.

Lucci has since described her 41 year run on the show as being a "fantastic journey".

One Life to Live will end this September, while All My Children will air its final episode in January 2012.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama