Switch to full style
Write comments

‘Better Things’ renewed for season 4 by FX

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:32 pm

Pamela Adlon’s partnership with FX will continue uninterrupted

Announced early today, the network has officially renewed the Adlon-led “Better Things” for a fourth season. The news comes as the critically-acclaimed dramedy is just a little less than halfway into its current, third season. It is also FX’s first renewal since becoming officially owned by Disney last week.

“With every season, ‘Better Things’ becomes more vital, engaging and revelatory, cementing Pamela Adlon’s status as one of the most accomplished creative forces in television today,” said FX Networks and FX Studios Chairman, John Landgraf. “Rarely has there been a show that is so personal and, at the same time, so thoroughly universal in the way it explores modern parenting, family and life. We are thrilled to extend the series for a fourth season and to continue this incredible partnership with Pamela, her creative team and the amazing cast of ‘Better Things.”

“I am humbled, grateful and excited to tackle another season of stories and continue my creative partnership with my fearless FX team,” added Adlon.

Always more of a critical hit than an impressive ratings performer, “Better Things” is currently averaging a 0.13 live + same day rating in the adults 18-49 demo with 363,000 viewers, down slightly from its second season’s 0.15 rating and 459,000 viewer averages.

New episodes of “Better Things” air Thursday nights on FX.
Write comments