Riverdale shuts down production following star Luke Perry's death

Riverdale shuts down production following star Luke Perry's death

Postby ntscuser » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Series creators call him an "incredibly caring, consummate professional"

Production has shut down on Riverdale following the tragic death of star Luke Perry.

Perry, who played Archie's dad Fred Andrews on the CW series, passed away on Monday (March 4) after being rushed to hospital last week for a massive stroke.

In light of the heartbreaking loss, Riverdale executive producers Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Jon Goldwater and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa released a joint statement confirming they would temporarily stop work on the third season in tribute to the actor.

Riverdale's exec producers said in a joint statement: "We are deeply saddened to learn today about the passing of Luke Perry. A beloved member of the Riverdale, Warner Bros and CW family, Luke was everything you would hope he would be: an incredibly caring, consummate professional with a giant heart, and a true friend to all.

"A father figure and mentor to the show’s young cast, Luke was incredibly generous, and he infused the set with love and kindness. Our thoughts are with Luke’s family during this most difficult time."

Tributes flooded in from friends and co-workers in the hours after Perry's death, including his Riverdale spouse Molly Ringwald, who tweeted: "My heart is broken. I will miss you so much Luke Perry. Sending all my love to your family."

Mädchen Amick, who plays Betty's mum Alice Cooper, wrote that she was "absolutely heartbroken" by Perry's death and called him "an incredibly loving and generous man".

"I can barely find the words. I am devastated. We all are," Betty actress Lili Reinhart wrote on her Instagram Story on Monday.

Perry is survived by his children Jack and Sophie, fiancée Wendy Madison Bauer, and ex-wife Minnie Sharp.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama