‘Suits’ renewed for ninth and final season at USA

‘Suits’ renewed for ninth and final season at USA

Postby ntscuser » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am

Harvey Specter’s legal adventures are coming to an end

Announced today, USA has officially renewed “Suits” for its ninth and final season. The renewal comes just as “Suits” is set to return from its midseason break later tonight. Its shorter, 10-episode ninth season is set to premiere later this year.

The news also comes as “Suits” creator, Aaron Korsh, and USA continue to work on their Gina Torres-led spin-off series, “Pearson,” which does not yet have a premiere date.

“‘Suits’ has played an instrumental role in our network’s DNA for nearly a decade,” said USA Network President Chris McCumber. “I and everyone at USA Network sincerely thank Aaron Korsh, our partners at UCP and the entire Suits family for their tremendous creativity, devotion and support over a truly amazing run.”

“Though I know it isn’t true, it seems like only yesterday USA Network took a chance on an unestablished writer’s very first hour long script. These days that’s a common thing, but 47 years ago when I first wrote the untitled Korsh project, nobody did it,” added Korsh in a statement today. “Nobody except the people at USA and UCP. First and foremost I would like to thank Alex Sepiol and Dennis Kim, without whom ‘Suits’ would never have gotten made.”

“I also cannot thank Bill McGoldrick, Jeff Wachtel, Bonnie Hammer, Chris McCumber, Ted Chervin, Dave Bartis, Gene Klein, Doug Liman, Dawn Olmstead and everyone at the network and studio enough for their dedication and support throughout the years. And to the exceptional writers, cast and crew — thank you for your passion and devotion, without which, ‘Suits’ would be nothing. And last but never least, to the fans who have stuck with the ‘Suits’ family through thick and thin, through can-openers and flashbacks — thank you for always speaking your mind. Without you, I might start to think I’m getting the hang of this writing thing. And once that happens, nobody wins. I look forward to enraging and hopefully sometimes delighting you with the final episodes. Finally, to my wife Kate and my children Cooper and Lucy. Thank you for enduring countless late nights and times away, for me to get to live my dream. I love you.”

“Suits” will return for its final season on USA sometime later this year.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama