Gina Torres-led ‘Suits’ spinoff gets series pickup at USA

Gina Torres-led ‘Suits’ spinoff gets series pickup at USA

Postby ntscuser » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Jessica Pearson will be back in court on USA: The channel has given a series order to a “Suits” spinoff centering on Jessica, played by Gina Torres

The spinoff has been in development since last year and will be set up in “Suits'” seventh-season finale on April 25. It will feature the team from Pearson Specter Litt heading to Chicago to work on a case with Jessica, who has delved into the city’s legal and political worlds.

The new show doesn’t have a title or premiere date yet.

“It was an extraordinary pleasure working with Gina ‘Suits’ for six years. Beyond her undeniable talent, she is an incredible partner and collaborator, and I always hoped we would work together again,” “Suits” creator Aaron Korsh says in a statement. “I am sincerely grateful to USA and [Universal Cable Productions] for giving [EP] Dan Arkin, my producing partners at Hypnotic and me the opportunity to continue Jessica Pearson’s journey in this new series.”

Torres was a regular on “Suits” from the outset until midway through Season 6, when she opted to scale back her role. She’s made several appearances on the show since then.

“Suits” returns to USA on March 28 for the final episodes of Season 7.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama