Switch to full style
Write comments

Twin Peaks revival: Piper Laurie has "no idea" why she wasn't asked back as Catherine Martell

Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 pm

She's not included in the epic new cast list

Just last week, the 217-strong cast list of ​Showtime's ​Twin Peaks ​reboot was revealed featuring a whole host of old faces and newbies joining the long-awaited return of the cult series.

In fact, it feels like everyone who's ever worked in Hollywood is in it. From David Duchovony to Naomi Watts, Michael Cera to Peggy Lipton- the cast list is literally a who's who of established actors.

Naturally, there are many returning characters to the show - but that doesn't mean everyone who starred in the original series has been invited back by creator David Lynch.

Actress Piper Laurie, who played Catherine Martell, has expressed her surprise at not being asked back in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.

​"I made it very clear to David and the team that I would be delighted to come back," Laurie explained. "I had a fantastic time on the original and won lots of awards. I'm surprised and I have no idea why I haven't been called back."

Ouch. With the reboot expected to air later this year, we have no doubts there will be more than a few Lynchian twists and turns that might well see Laurie return after all.
Write comments