CBS' The Good Wife will end later this year after its seventh season

CBS' The Good Wife will end later this year after its seventh season

Postby ntscuser » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:32 am

It's been rumoured since January, but now CBS has confirmed that Emmy-winning series The Good Wife will end in May after its seventh season.

The news came to America via a promo that aired during Sunday night's Super Bowl 50 broadcast and which advertised the series' "final nine episodes".

The Good Wife's future was first cast into doubt when CBS confirmed that creators Robert King and Michelle King were leaving to work on outside projects.

The show's star Julianna Margulies also fueled the rumours late last month, joking that she would be "unemployed come April".

"I think you [casting directors] haven't seen me in a while, at least not in person, so I thought I should show up," she added.

The series has gone through a number of changes over the last few series, with Josh Charles being the first cast member to exit in 2014, while Archie Panjabi's departure in 2015 proved controversial when it came to light that she and Margulies filmed her final scene separately.

The Good Wife currently airs on Sundays on CBS in the US. Channel 4 broadcasts the series in the UK.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama