'Bunheads' axed by ABC Family

'Bunheads' axed by ABC Family

Postby ntscuser » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 am

Bunheads has been axed by ABC Family.

The ballet-themed comedy-drama had its sets torn down earlier this month and will now not be returning for a second season.

A rep for ABC Family said: "Bunheads is a wonderful series that we are very proud to have aired.

"The series had amazing storytelling, the most talented cast and a passionate and loyal fanbase. Recognising all of this, we took extra time to try and find ways to bring the series back for another season, but in the end it simply wasn't possible.

"We wish the cast and crew the best in their future endeavours."

The series centred on Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster), a former Las Vegas showgirl who returned to her roots as a ballerina.

Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes had slammed Bunheads over its lack of non-white performers.

Show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino later reacted to Rhimes, saying: "I'm not going to get into a pissing match with Shonda Rhimes because she has 15,000 shows on the air, and she's doing just fine for herself.

"[But] I've always felt that women, in a general sense, have never supported other women the way they should... I think it's a shame, but to me, it is what it is."
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Drama