‘Dark Matter’ canceled by SyFy

‘Dark Matter’ canceled by SyFy

Postby ntscuser » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:20 am

SyFy is parting ways with the crew of the Raza spaceship

Announced Friday afternoon by co-creator Joseph Mallozzi, “Dark Matter” has officially been canceled following the airing of its third season finale late last month. The sci-fi drama series, which was created by Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, focused on a group of six different people who wake a deserted spaceship with amnesia and no memories of their lives prior to their awakening. With the ship deserted and no one around to help them, the six people set off to try and find the answers to their questions, including who they are and how they ended up on the ship in the first place.

It was based on Mallozzi and Mullie’s Dark Horse graphic novel of the same name.

Mallozzi commented on the “Dark Matter” cancellation in a blog post today, saying, “It is with great sadness that I confirm the news. Syfy has canceled Dark Matter after three seasons. To say that I’m incredibly disappointed would be an understatement. I just want to extend a heartfelt thanks to my amazing crew, my wonderful cast, and to all of you, our incredible fans. You all deserved better.”

“Dark Matter” first premiered on SyFy in 2015, and concluded its three-season run Aug. 25. It was executive produced by Mallozzi and Mullie alongside Jay Firestone, Vanessa Piazza, Keith Goldberg and Mike Richardson.

SyFy’s original series lineup now includes veteran favorite “12 Monkeys,” ” Z-Nation,” “The Expanse,” “The Magicians,” “Van Helsing,” “Channel Zero,” and “Blood Drive.” “Monkeys,” however, is currently preparing to return with its fourth and final season sometime next year.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Sci-fi/Fantasy