’12 Monkeys’ gets a fourth and final season on Syfy, plus a bingeable Season 3

’12 Monkeys’ gets a fourth and final season on Syfy, plus a bingeable Season 3

Postby ntscuser » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Syfy has announced a premiere date — and a binge-friendly scheduling pattern — for Season 3 of “12 Monkeys,” and also that it’s renewing the show for a fourth and final season

Second part first: The renewal gives a definitive end date for the show, likely sometime in 2018. “12 Monkeys” has earned critical praise but not a very big audience for Syfy: Season 2, which aired last spring and summer, averaged a meager 0.1 rating among adults 18-49 and just over 400,000 viewers the night it aired. Even with a week of DVR and on-demand viewing, it usually only rose to a 0.2 and around 700,000 viewers.

“Universal Cable Productions and Syfy have given us the opportunity to tell an ambitious, emotional story with a beginning, middle and an end — if not always in that order,” showrunner Terry Matalas says in a statement.” I couldn’t be more grateful for their faith and support. Like our fans who may want to turn their clocks ahead to see what we’ve got in store, I only wish I could turn mine back to relive this incredible experience over again.”

As for Season 3, Syfy will mimic a streaming rollout by premiering all 10 episodes over a weekend. The first four episodes will air Friday, May 19, with three more following Saturday, May 20 and Sunday, May 21. The blocks will start at 8 p.m. ET/PT each night.

“We are thrilled to be able to offer fans an opportunity to binge the third season as a reward for their lasting support,” NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment president Jeff Wachtel says. “We couldn’t be more excited to see where Terry takes us with the final chapter of this fabulous story in the fourth season.”
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Sci-fi/Fantasy