Lisa Kudrow: 'Friends character Phoebe rubbed off on me'

Lisa Kudrow: 'Friends character Phoebe rubbed off on me'

Postby ntscuser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Lisa Kudrow has revealed that she learnt from her Friends character Pheobe Buffay.

The actress, who played the role for ten years until 2004, explained that she now knows how to have "fun" after starring in the American comedy show alongside Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc.

Kudrow told the Los Angeles Times: "Thanks to Phoebe, I don't have to worry - I can have fun.

"Phoebe was very far from who I was as a person. But part of her definitely rubbed off on me, inspired me to be more optimistic."

The 47-year-old plays a counsellor called Fiona Wallice in TV show Web Therapy, where she helps her patients over the internet. Fiona is a narcissist who often treats the people she is working with badly, but doesn't seem to realise what she is doing.

Kudrow said that she knows Fiona is far removed from the character she is best known for but added that she enjoys playing different roles.

"I can't help it. There's just something about not doing what the audience expects of you. People who think they're pulling something off when the rest of the world can see right through them have always struck me as funny. They make me laugh a lot," she commented.

Kudrow recently disclosed that she was often asked whether she was a virgin when she married.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy