Edie Falco: 'People see me as Nurse Jackie now'

Edie Falco: 'People see me as Nurse Jackie now'

Postby ntscuser » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Edie Falco has revealed that people now recognise her for her role in Nurse Jackie.

Falco explained that fans used to connect her to her part as Carmela in The Sopranos.

"There's been a shift in the last, maybe, six months or so," she told New York Magazine. "For a while it was all Carmela, then neck-and-neck, and lately it's definitely more Nurse Jackie."

Falco continued: "It's the passage of time, you know? And also, I think in my real life, I look a little bit more like Jackie than I do Carmela.

"When I walked down the street when I was doing The Sopranos, I really beared little resemblance to that woman because the amount of time it took to get me to look like her was pretty substantial."

Falco also revealed that she does not find it difficult playing a nurse who is addicted to drugs even though she personally has a history of addiction.

"I wondered about that when I started shooting it, but it's just not the case," she said. "I'm 20 years out from my dealings with addiction, so I feel light years away from it. All impulses to behave in that way, for the most part, are gone. I am sober much longer than I ever was an addict."

The season finale of Nurse Jackie airs on June 20 on Showtime. The show has already been renewed for a fourth run of episodes.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy