Becki Newton 'happy with Love Bites role change'

Becki Newton 'happy with Love Bites role change'

Postby ntscuser » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am

Becki Newton has revealed that she is happy with the way her Love Bites character Annie changed.

Annie was originally supposed to be a virgin in the comedy, but the role was altered after Newton became pregnant.

Newton told New York Magazine: "I don't think [Annie being a virgin] could have played out for long. There's not a lot of room.

"It would have become all about who she's going to lose her virginity to, and then when that happens, it would be over... But happily, my pregnancy opened up the character of Annie."

Newton also suggested that Annie, who is a surrogate for her sister, has an unusual view of pregnancy.

"Annie doesn't think of herself as pregnant," she said. "'I'm not really a future mum, I can still date!' This of course gets her into these awkward, horrible situations. She's the total opposite of what you think a pregnant woman is."

Newton added that Annie is extremely different from her previous role as Amanda in Ugly Betty.

"I could have played Amanda until she was a 90-year-old receptionist," she joked. "And she would still feel like she was a supermodel. Playing her was so much about the mannerisms. But Annie is a real person, and that was an adjustment. It took a while to let go of Amanda so I could play a normal person."

Love Bites airs on Thursdays at 10/9c on NBC.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy