Jim Carrey spoofs 'Black Swan' on 'SNL'

Jim Carrey spoofs 'Black Swan' on 'SNL'

Postby ntscuser » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:14 am

Jim Carrey poked fun at Natalie Portman's new movie Black Swan during his recent stint on SNL.

The comedian took on the role of Mila Kunis's character in the skit which saw him donning a black leotard and tutu in an attempt to upstage fellow ballerina Nina, played by Portman in the critically-acclaimed movie.

He arrived at the ballet studio chewing gum, saying: "Sorry I'm late, I had to go numbers three and four" before shedding his jacket to reveal a pair of chicken-like wings tattooed on his back. He then launched into an ungraceful routine that ended with a martial arts-style chop. At one stage he also pulled down his leotard to reveal his chest and transferred his chewing gum to choreographer Bill Hader's ear in an apparent act of seduction.

Carrey, who was making his first appearance on the show in 14 years, had opened with a monologue referencing recent headlines, saying everybody should enjoy the show because it was "the very first show of the last year of our existence".

"Dead birds are falling from the sky," he continued. "Some people say that's bad, I say Arkansas eats free."

He also tried to propose to a married female audience member joking: "Let me make my case. First of all, I'm Jim Carrey and you know what that means? Big bucks! Even with a pre-nup - really - and if you get pregnant then it's all over."

Other sketches included 'Psychic Medium' which saw Carrey displaying his impression skills as he took on the personas of various stars including Jimmy Stewart and Alan Thicke as he tried to contact a couple's relative.

His appearance on the comedy show - which also featured The Black Keys - brought in the most viewers since Betty White's appearance, according to Entertainment Weekly.

SNL continues next Saturday with host Gwyneth Paltrow and musical guest Cee Lo Green at 11.30/10.30c on NBC.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy