Fox cancels 'The Good Guys'

Fox cancels 'The Good Guys'

Postby ntscuser » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Fox has reportedly decided to cancel freshman series The Good Guys.

The cop comedy-drama stars former West Wing actor Bradley Whitford as old-fashioned detective Dan Stark and Colin Hanks as his straight-laced partner Jack Bailey.

Janis Burklund, head of the Dallas Film Commission, told the Dallas Observer that a Fox Television Studios executive "was kind enough to call me and let me know as soon as the decision had been handed down."

"We liked the show," she explained. "And they had a great experience here. But the ratings weren't good."

The show's pilot attracted 3.2m viewers in May but the recent first season finale managed an audience of just 1.4m.

Burklund claimed that the show would have been better suited to cable television and blasted Fox for giving the series "a horrible timeslot".

"I think it would have done well on cable," she argued. "It's not the kind of show network viewers understand [because] it's too quirky. Where cable viewers are more apt to go sampling and try out different stuff, network viewers are looking for more traditional shows."

The final episode of The Good Guys aired on December 10.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy