The Good Place to end after season 4

The Good Place to end after season 4

Postby ntscuser » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Motherforking Shirtballsl!

Sad news for fans of inventive and surprisingly emotional comedies: The Good Place is coming to an end after its fourth season.

But it's also good news, since the show hasn't been axed or cancelled. Instead, it is ending because the creators feel like it is the right time.

Creator Mike Schur shared the news in a statement, saying: "After The Good Place was picked up for season two, the writing staff and I began to map out, as best we could, the trajectory of the show.

"Given the ideas we wanted to explore, and the pace at which we wanted to present those ideas, I began to feel like four seasons – just over 50 episodes – was the right lifespan.

"At times over the past few years we’ve been tempted to go beyond four seasons, but mostly because making this show is a rare, creatively fulfilling joy, and at the end of the day, we don't want to tread water just because the water is so warm and pleasant.

"As such, the upcoming fourth season will be our last."

Schur also briefly teased that the upcoming season would be a "bullet train that doesn't slow down" during the show's recent Emmy FYC panel (via Variety).

"I know we do fart jokes but this is a serious show," actor Ted Danson is also quoted as saying. "Any padding or over-telling a really great story would be a shame."

"We all learned together," Janet actress D'Arcy Carden added. "My reaction was, 'Cool, okay, yeah', and 24 hours later it was, 'I think I’m depressed!'

"I have so much respect for Mike and the writers and I have always been a fan of shows that go out on their own terms."

NBC Entertainment's Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta also commented on the show's ending in a statement, adding: "Since day one, The Good Place has been a seminal show for us and one that hits all the NBC touch points – incredibly smart, funny, inventive and emotional.

"We know the audience will love what Mike Schur and his writers have in store for the final season."

It has previously been teased that season four will focus on "power dynamics", while it was recently revealed that Kristen Bell's character Eleanor is in fact bisexual.

Speaking of Kristen Bell, don't ask her how the show ends... because she's forgotten.

The Good Place airs on NBC in the US, with episodes premiering a day later on Netflix. You can also catch it on E4 in the UK.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy