A.P. Bio canceled by NBC after 2 seasons

A.P. Bio canceled by NBC after 2 seasons

Postby ntscuser » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:51 pm

A.P. Bio’s fate has finally been decided

NBC has officially canceled the Glenn Howerton-led comedy after just 2 seasons. The news was announced this weekend on Twitter by series creator and executive producer, Mike O’Brien. It is NBC’s third official scripted cancellation of the season, joining the previously canceled “I Feel Bad” and “Midnight, Texas.”

“I’m intensely sad to announce that AP Bio will be ending after this season,” said O’Brien. “This has been my favorite project of my life and that’s because of the amazing writers, cast and crew. As most canceled shows probably feel, I think we were just hitting our stride and everyone was still loving the work, so this is very hard. We have 4 left to air and they’re 4 of my favorites.”

The cancellation doesn’t come as much of a surprise, with “A.P. Bio” only averaging a low 0.5 live + same day rating among adults 18-49 this year – making it NBC’s fourth-lowest-rated scripted title of the season.

Created by O’Brien, the series follows a disgraced Harvard philosophy professor who’s forced to return to Toledo, Ohio and teach Advanced Placement Biology at the local high school. In addition to Howerton, the show’s cast also included Patton Oswalt, Jean Villepique, Aparna Brielle, Mary Sohn, Eddie Leavy, Nick Peine, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Jacob Houston, and more.

With this announcement, only three NBC shows are still hanging in limbo, as we await word on the fates of “The Village,” “The Enemy Within,” and “Abby’s.”
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy