‘God Friended Me’ renewed for second season by CBS

‘God Friended Me’ renewed for second season by CBS

Postby ntscuser » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Viewers can expect to see more of “God Friended Me” next season

Announced today, CBS has officially renewed the freshman drama for a second season. The news comes just a few days after the network renewed three of its other rookie titles, “FBI,” “Magnum P.I.,” and “The Neighborhood,” for second seasons as well.

“We’re thrilled with how ‘God Friended Me’ has performed on Sundays. It’s one of the top three new series on television, has improved its time period significantly, and continues a long tradition of prestige dramas for CBS on the night,” said CBS Entertainment President, Kelly Kahl.

“Our amazing cast and producers have done a wonderful job of bringing this series to life each week with humorous and inspirational storylines,” added Thom Sherman, Senior Exec VP of Programming. “Viewers have clearly embraced our characters and the positive message the show delivers.”

Created by Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt, “God Friended Me” follows an outspoken atheist, whose life is turned upside down when God adds him as a friend on Facebook. It stars Brandon Micheal Hall, Violett Beane, Suraj Sharma, Javicia Leslie, Joe Morton, and more.

With a 1.0 L+SD average rating among adults 18-49 so far this season, “God Friended Me” has been a solid Sunday night performer for CBS this year. It’s currently the network’s fourth-highest-rated and second-most-watched freshman series, and is the most-watched scripted series on Sunday, averaging 10 million viewers.

“God Friended Me” airs Sunday nights on CBS.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy