‘Kidding’ renewed for season 2 by Showtime

‘Kidding’ renewed for season 2 by Showtime

Postby ntscuser » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 pm

TV viewers can, indeed, expect to see Mr. Pickles return to their screens again next year

Announced this afternoon, Showtime has officially renewed the Jim Carrey-led dramedy, “Kidding,” for a second season. The news comes just after the freshman series reached the halfway mark of its first season this past Sunday night. It will air its season one finale on the network Sunday, Nov. 11.

“Kidding has established itself as one of the most endearing and inventive shows on television,” said Showtime Networks Programming President, Gary Levine. “I feel like I have been watching Mr. Pickles my whole life, and I look forward to being entranced by his unique blend of hilarity and heartbreak in season two.”

Created by Dave Holstein, “Kidding” follows Jeff/Mr. Pickles, a famous children’s television icon, as he struggles to retain his sanity while his family falls apart. It stars Carrey, Frank Langella, Catherine Keener, Judy Greer, Cole Allen, Juliet Morris, and more. It is also executive produced by executive produced by Carrey and director Michel Gondry.

The show was welcomed to mostly positive reviews from critics ahead of its premiere last month, but hasn’t been quite as successful on a ratings front, with a 0.09 average live + same day rating in the adults 18-49 demo up to this point and 303,000 average viewers.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy