‘I’m Dying Up Here’ canceled after 2 seasons by Showtime

‘I’m Dying Up Here’ canceled after 2 seasons by Showtime

Postby ntscuser » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Showtime is saying goodbye to “I’m Dying Up Here”

In an announcement made tonight, the network has officially decided to cancel the Jim Carrey-produced dramedy after two seasons. Created and executive produced by Dave Flebotte, based on a book of the same name by William Knoedelseder, the series focused on several different players navigating their way through the famed 1970s Los Angeles stand-up comedy scene.

Along with having names like Carrey, Adam Davidson, Michael Aguilar, Cindy Chupack, and Christina Wayne attached to it as executive producers, the show’s ensemble included Melissa Leo, Ari Graynor, Michael Angarano, RJ Cyler, Clark Duke, Andrew Santino, Erik Griffin, Al Madrigal, Jake Lacy, and more.

Despite the creative talent backing the series, however, “I’m Dying Up Here” never managed to draw in strong ratings on the network. It averaged a low 0.04 live + same day rating with 143,000 average viewers throughout its first season, and didn’t manage to tick up much in its second – bringing in the same 0.04 L+SD average and only around 35,000 more viewers.

The news of its cancellation comes several months after the show finished its second season back in July.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy