Switch to full style
Write comments

‘Will & Grace’ revival renewed for Season 3 by NBC

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am

Expect to see even more from the “Will & Grace” revival both this year and the next

Announced Saturday, NBC has officially renewed this new run of “Will & Grace” for a third season, set to air in the 2019-20 TV season. In case that wasn’t already enough, the network also extended the show’s second season order an extra 5 episodes, making it an 18-episode total.

This news comes straight from the show’s PaleyFest panel, where the cast and crew of the show excitedly shared the pair of announcements. Lead actors Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes are all set to return for the second and third seasons, along with co-creators and showrunners David Kohan and Max Mutchnick.

This isn’t the first time that NBC has given the “Will & Grace” revival an early renewal either. The network famously renewed the revival for a second season before the first had even premiered. That faith in the revival series has paid off well for NBC so far too, with “Will & Grace” averaging a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49 with its first season, making it NBC’s No. 1 comedy.

“As far as I’m concerned, we can’t get enough of ‘Will & Grace,’ and 23 more episodes is music to my ears,” says NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt in a statement. “We’re eternally grateful that Debra, Eric, Sean, and Megan feel the same way and wanted to keep this good thing going. I’m overwhelmed by the euphoric response the new show has received from the press and the audience, and my hat is off to the unrivaled writing team of Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, as well as the brilliant directing of Jimmy Burrows, for consistently delivering one of the best shows on television.”

“Will & Grace” will wrap up its first season in just a few short weeks, on Thursday, April 5, with its second season currently slated to premiere in the fall.
Write comments