‘Me, Myself & I’ yanked from CBS after 6 episodes

‘Me, Myself & I’ yanked from CBS after 6 episodes

Postby ntscuser » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm

‘Man With a Plan’ stepping in

CBS has pulled its first-year comedy “Me, Myself & I” from its schedule after six weeks, and although it’s remaining in production, the show is on its way to cancellation.

The network will also reshuffle its Monday comedy block in the wake of “Me, Myself & I” being pulled. Fellow freshman “9JKL” will take over the 9:30 p.m. ET/PT spot starting Nov. 6, and “Man with a Plan” will begin its second season at 8:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13. A “Big Bang Theory” rerun will air at 8:30 on Nov. 6.

“Me, Myself & I” struggled in the ratings during its run on Mondays. The show premiered to a decent 1.6 rating among adults 18-49 but dropped off quickly, posting a 1.0 in week 2. CBS’ decision to pull it comes after it hit a season-low 0.7 on Monday. It averaged a 1.0 in adults 18-49 and a little under 5 million viewers for initial airings.

The show follows one character, Alex, at three different stages of his life: a teenager in the early 1990s (where he’s played by Jack Dylan Grazer), a present-day adult (Bobby Moynihan) and an older man 25 years in the future (John Larroquette). Dan Kopelman created the show.

“Me, Myself & I” will finish production on its 13-episode order, and CBS says it will air again “at a later date.” But there’s almost no chance it will go beyond that.

The show is the second new broadcast series to get bumped in the past week. ABC has taken “Ten Days in the Valley” off of Sundays and will run the remainder of its 10 episodes on the relative dead zone of Saturday night starting in mid-December.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy