‘Alone Together’ gets Season 2 pickup on Freeform before Season 1 debuts

‘Alone Together’ gets Season 2 pickup on Freeform before Season 1 debuts

Postby ntscuser » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 pm

Freeform’s new comedy series “Alone Together” won’t premiere for nearly three months, but once it does it will stick around for a while

The channel announced Wednesday that it’s picking up a second season of the show, about the friendship between two “overlooked millennial misfits.” It stars comedians Esther Povitsky and Benji Aflalo, who also co-created the show with Eben Russell.

“Alone Together” is scheduled to premiere Jan. 10 on Freeform, where it will be paired with “Black-ish” spinoff “Grown-ish.”

“I’m so grateful to Freeform for this crazy opportunity,” Povitsky says in a statement. “Plus, you know the saying: ‘second season, second dog.’ I’ll see you guys at the animal shelter.”

“Season 1 was so fun,” adds Aflalo. “If we did not get a Season 2, I was gonna dedicate my life to some sort of charity because I’m a really good person on the side.”

“Alone Together” will follow Esther and Benji as they try to navigate life in Los Angeles, leaning on each other as they go. Season 1 will find them shooting their own music video and living as retirees, among other things.

In addition to the three creators, the show is executive produced by the Lonely Island team of Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy