‘Real Time with Bill Maher’ extended through 2020 on HBO

‘Real Time with Bill Maher’ extended through 2020 on HBO

Postby ntscuser » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:50 am

HBO will continue its relationship with Bill Maher at least through the end of this decade

The cable channel announced Wednesday it’s renewing “Real Time with Bill Maher” for two more seasons. The show’s current run lasts through 2018; the two extra years will take it through 2020, for a total of 19 seasons.

The renewal deal also includes a “Real Time” retrospective special. Maher will also perform in his 11th stand-up special for HBO as part of the agreement.

“We are incredibly proud to continue our longstanding relationship with Bill Maher,” HBO Programming president Casey Bloys says in a statement. “As part of the HBO family for nearly 30 years, Bill’s distinctive point of view, coupled with his passion and commitment to insightful and informative entertainment, has remained unparalleled.”

“Real Time” has been a solid performer for HBO of late. Its most recent 10 episodes, dating back to mid-May, have averaged a 0.45 rating among adults 18-49 and 1.81 million viewers for their initial airings. The show typically grows by 0.2-0.3 with a few days of DVR catchup.

“I’m extraordinarily grateful to HBO for one of the great relationships of my life,” Maher says, “and I applaud their efforts to fight ageism by signing me to this extended deal.”
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy