‘The Carmichael Show’ is done after three seasons on NBC

‘The Carmichael Show’ is done after three seasons on NBC

Postby ntscuser » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:41 am

“The Carmichael Show” is over at NBC: The currently airing third season of the sitcom will be its last

The announcement came Friday afternoon, with both co-creator and star Jerrod Carmichael and producer 20th Century Fox TV releasing statements about the end of the series.

“For three seasons (okay 2.5), I got to make a show that I love with my friends,” Carmichael says in a statement. “It’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was 13. Now, I’m excited to go make other things that I love. Thank you to every person who worked on or watched ‘The Carmichael Show.'”

The studio’s statement reads, “‘The Carmichael Show’ was such a wonderful show that we choose to focus today not on its loss but on the three incredible seasons we had the pleasure to produce. “We are thankful to the brilliant Jerrod Carmichael and his talented cast, and to showrunner Danielle Sanchez-Witzell, our fantastic writers and devoted production team. It’s a rarity that a comedy series tackles the social and political issues of the day in such a clever and hilariously funny way. This show was special, and we will miss it.”

The show is averaging a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 3.68 million viewers in its initial airings so far this season. The critical favorite was a late renewal for NBC last year after drawing a 0.9 during a regular-season run in spring 2016.

The series also stars Amber Stevens West, David Alan Grier, Loretta Devine, Lil Rel Howery and Tiffany Haddish.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy