‘The Detour’ turns into Season 3 at TBS

‘The Detour’ turns into Season 3 at TBS

Postby ntscuser » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:18 pm

“The Detour” ends its second season Tuesday night. TBS announced Tuesday morning that the show will keep on driving into a third season in 2018

The pickup isn’t much of a surprise, as the show’s ratings have grown a bit in Season 2. The show is averaging a 0.44 rating among adults 18-49 and 1.1 million viewers the night it airs, up from 0.4 and 873,000 for Season 1. It typically rises to a 0.7 and about 1.6 million viewers with a week of DVR catchup.

“The Detour” stars Jason Jones and Natalie Zea as married couple Nate and Robin, parents of two Delilah (Ashley Gerasimovich) and Jared (Liam Carroll). After an insane road trip in Season 1, Season 2 has the family moving to New York for Nate’s new job, while Robin hopes her past in the city doesn’t catch up to her. Daniella Pineda also stars as Robin’s sister.

Jones and his wife, Samantha Bee, co-created the show.

“I hear from so many people who love ‘The Detour,’ even my hardcore comedy friends,” Thom Hinkle, head of original programming for TBS, says in a statement. “Season 2 has been so smart, hilarious and wrong. And from the early nuggets I’ve gotten from Jason and Sam, Season 3 is going to be even more effed up.”

Season 3 will likely debut sometime in 2018; no date has been set yet. The Season 2 finale Tuesday includes back-to-back episodes.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy