'Glee' to end next season

'Glee' to end next season

Postby ntscuser » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Glee is to end after its next season with an episode that will "honour" late actor Cory Monteith.

Showrunner Ryan Murphy confirmed that the Fox musical comedy - which was picked up for a fifth and sixth season in April, three months before Monteith's death - will not be renewed.

Speaking at a Paley Centre event, Murphy explained that Glee's final season was originally meant to tie up the on-off romance between Monteith's character Finn and lead female Rachel, played by the actor's real life girlfriend Lea Michele.

"The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn's story," he said. "I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was - he was in it. I knew what the last line was - she said it to him.

"So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we're figuring that out now."

Murphy continued: "I'm going to tell the studio and the network [in a week] how after Cory's unfortunate passing we can end the show [in a way] that I think is very satisfactory. And kind of in his honour, which I love."

Glee is currently on a hiatus after screening a tribute episode to Monteith in the US last week. The special will air in the UK tomorrow (October 18) at 8pm on Sky1.

Season five will resume on November 7 in the US.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Comedy