Matt Damon: 'My marriage has no drama'

Matt Damon: 'My marriage has no drama'

Postby ntscuser » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Matt Damon has revealed that there is no need for "dramatic moments" in his marriage because he never spends a long time away from his family.

The actor, who raises four daughters with his wife Luciana Bozán Barroso, insisted that he's never away from home for more than two weeks.

The 40-year-old appears in Oscar-nominated picture True Grit, and said that he worked the movie around his family life.

He confessed at a recent press conference: "We have a two-week rule. When I did True Grit I asked Joel and Ethan to board the movie so that I was never away from home for more than a week and they did that. So I was working, like, two days a week and I would fly back [home].

"We really don't need those big dramatic moments running home with flowers, shirtless."

Damon met Barroso in 2003 while shooting Stuck on You and explained that he almost didn't appear in the film.

He recalled: "There was a Werner Herzog film called Rescue Dawn that Christian Bale did and I was really strongly considering it. Instead I met with [directors] the Farrelly brothers. I remember talking with my mother and she said, 'You know, you don't always have to go into a jungle and lose a bunch of weight. You're allowed to have a little fun.'

"And I did the Farrelly brothers movie [Stuck on You] and that was where I met my wife. So four kids later, that was a pretty fateful decision!"
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Cinema