'Games are to blame for bad movies'

'Games are to blame for bad movies'

Postby ntscuser » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Billy Bob Thornton has claimed that video games are partly responsible for the number of bad movies Hollywood makes.

The 55-year-old actor and musician suggested that the "video game-playing generation" has had a negative effect on the type of films being released.

"In our current state of affairs, especially in the entertainment business, we're living in a time when we're making - in my humble opinion - the worst movies in history," The Daily Telegraph quotes him as saying.

He continued: "They're geared toward the video game-playing generation. And these video games, which I'm on my son about constantly, these games are people killing for fun, and I think traditionally in movies, there's always been some kind of lesson in the violent movies."

Thornton defended the violence depicted in his upcoming film Faster, which stars Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as an ex-con out to avenge his brother's death.

He said: "This movie doesn't say, 'Oh, here's this fun guy and we're going to do this tongue-in-cheek character right out of a video game who likes to destroy things', and all this kind of thing. This movie actually shows what prisons create, what murder creates. It shows this perpetual, violent string of events."
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Cinema