Joss Whedon: 'Avengers has big stipulations'

Joss Whedon: 'Avengers has big stipulations'

Postby ntscuser » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Joss Whedon has admitted that he is working with "enormous stipulations" on his superhero movie The Avengers.

Speaking to The Sydney Morning Herald, the director confessed that there are sections of his Avengers script that won't see the light of day due to strict guidelines from Marvel on the ensemble movie, which brings together Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man, Chris Evans's Captain America and Chris Hemsworth's Thor.

"I'm working on a movie that's got enormous stipulations and is going to be changing and fluid every second," he said of the superhero project.

"I've come up with dozens of scenes and lines and exchanges and monologues that I adore that are not going to be in it. But while I'm writing them they feed me, excite me and they ultimately inform the character."

Whedon, the creator of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Firefly, added that he is hoping to make a comic book film that will bring Marvel fans back for repeat viewings.

"I certainly will do everything in my power... to make it good," he remarked. "That's my power, that's all I've got. All I can do is make [The Avengers] good enough for somebody to see it twice."
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Cinema