"Two Too Many"

"Two Too Many"

Postby GenreOnline.net » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:29 pm

My graduate thesis was inspired by and adapted from Sergio Leone’s classic western Once Upon A Time In The West. The first draft was literally a transcription of all the dialogue and action, which while time consuming helped me to realize that the film is approximately 65 minutes of talking and everything else is pure visual storytelling. That means nearly half of the movie is various widescreen angles, including music by the great Ennio Morricone. After the straight transcription I eventually wrote my screenplay that while different from the film, including it’s location. (My story was set on Mars in the future). I learned and continue to learn about filmmaking and storytelling from watching Once Upon A Time In The West. One day I may reveal more, but as you can see from the minor edits I made along with the use of both the color and Black and White Comic Book filters found on iMovie, Once Upon A Time In The West is perfect material for turning into a graphic novel and anyone interested in visual storytelling should study this film. I purposely cut this to make it self contained, but it can easily be edited to undo that aspect. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this and thank you for your time and consideration.

GenreOnline.net

Re: "Two Too Many"

Postby GenreOnline.net » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:39 pm

GenreOnline.net

Postby GenreOnline.net » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:43 pm

GenreOnline.net

Postby GenreOnline.net » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:47 pm

GenreOnline.net

Postby GenreOnline.net » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:01 pm