Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 pm
New Divergent installment was no match for the animated movie
Zootopia kept its number one spot on the US box office for the third weekend in a row.
The animated movie, which debuted at number one, took in $38m, pushing its total box office gross to the $200m mark.
Shailene Woodley's Allegiant, the latest in the Divergent franchise, debuted in second place with $29m, followed by another new release Miracles from Heaven in third place with $15.
10 Cloverfield Lane was pushed down two spots with $12.5m in fourth place.
Ryan Reynold's anti-superhero comedy Deadpool slipped from third to fifth place with $8m.
Deadpool has enjoyed success in the US box office since its debut in February, already making a total of $340.9m at the US box office.
Gerard Butler's London Has Fallen, follow-up to 2013's Olympus Has Fallen, went from fourth place to sixth place with $6.8m.
Leonardo di Caprio's Oscar-winning movie The Revenant managed to re-enter the list in tenth spot with $1.2m.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, The Perfect Match and The Brothers Grimsby round out the top ten.
The top ten in full is as follows:
1. (1) Zootopia - $38,042,000
2. (-) The Divergent Series: Allegiant - $29,050,000
3. (-) Miracles from Heaven - $15,000,000
4. (2) 10 Cloverfield Lane - $12,500,000
5. (3) Deadpool - $8,000,000
6. (4) London Has Fallen - $6,894,000
7. (5) Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - $6,894,000
8. (6) The Perfect Match - $2,805,000
9. (8) The Brothers Grimsby - $1,400,000
10. (11) The Revenant - $1,225,000