Sun May 24, 2015 5:17 pm
Tomorrowland has knocked Pitch Perfect 2 off the top of the US box office in a quiet Memorial Day weekend.
The Brad Bird film, which stars George Clooney and Britt Robertson, took $32.1m to claim the top spot as Rebel Wilson's musical comedy moves down to two with $30.3m, Deadline reports.
Tom Hardy's Mad Max: Fury Road is at three with $23.8m in its second week, while horror remake Poltergeist is new in at four with $23m.
Elsewhere, Avengers: Age of Ultron is at five with $20.8m, Reese Witherspoon's Hot Pursuit is at six with $3.4m and Far From The Madding Crowd is at seven with $2.2m.
Furious 7 is at eight with $2.6m and Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is at nine with $1.7m.
Finally, Home rounds out the top ten with $1.6m.
The US weekend box office Top 10 for May 22-24 is as follows:
1. (-) Tomorrowland - $32,100,000
2. (1) Pitch Perfect 2 - $30,300,000
3. (2) Mad Max: Fury Road - $23,800,000
4. (-) Poltergeist - $23,000,000
5. (3) Avengers: Age of Ultron - $20,800,000
6. (4) Hot Pursuit - $3,400,000
7. (10) Far From The Madding Crowd - $2,200,000
8. (6) Furious 7 - $2,600,000
9. (5) Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - $1,700,000
10. (7) Home - $1,300,000