LaBeouf: 'Indiana 4 dropped the ball'

LaBeouf: 'Indiana 4 dropped the ball'

Postby ntscuser » Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Shia LaBeouf has admitted that the fourth instalment in the Indiana Jones franchise "dropped the ball".
LaBeouf starred opposite Harrison Ford in The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull two years ago. However, the 23-year-old claimed that the sequel didn't live up to the standards set by the rest of the adventure series.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, he said: "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished.

"I have a relationship with [director] Steven [Spielberg] that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I'm not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball."

He continued: "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault.

"I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you've made... And I think if you don't acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you're promoting a movie? We (Harrison Ford and LaBeouf) had major discussions. He wasn't happy with it either."

It definitely dropped 'something', I agree with him on that! :lol:
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Cinema