'The Talk' renewed by CBS

'The Talk' renewed by CBS

Postby ntscuser » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:33 pm

The Talk has been renewed for a third season by CBS.

CBS announced that the Sara Gilbert-created chatshow will run through at least the spring of 2013.

The network's president Nina Tassler said in a statement that she is thrilled Gilbert and her co-hosts will be returning for another season.

"We are thrilled with the evolution and growth of The Talk. The show has high energy, spirited conversation, relevant topics, and the audience is responding," Tassler commented.

The Talk debuted on October 18, 2010 and initially featured Gilbert, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Julie Chen, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Sharon Osbourne discussing the day's top events and interviewing celebrities.

Winokur, Remini and Peete have since left The Talk and have been replaced by Aisha Tyler and Sheryl Underwood.

Peete spoke openly about her shock of being fired from The Talk late last year, saying: "I loved doing The Talk. I was really good at it.

"I was in my comfort zone… was feeling great about it… I did everything I was asked to do and brought it and then, poof!"

The Talk airs weekdays on CBS.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Other