Chelsea Handler: 'I may be done with Lately'

Chelsea Handler: 'I may be done with Lately'

Postby ntscuser » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Chelsea Handler has revealed that she may not renew her contract for her E! talkshow Chelsea Lately once it expires in 2012.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the comedian confessed that she has grown bored with the project and feels as though her "brain is bleeding", leading her to consider moving on from the network.

"I want to do something that's going to utilize my brain a little more than this show," she explained. "If Lately is the show that I'm going to do, it's going to change. But it may turn out that I'm done with it altogether.

"I can't keep doing the same thing; my brain is bleeding. I want to do something that's more mindful and isn't celebrity-centered. I'm not looking to totally bail on E! They've done a lot for me, and I like it here... if you take away the Kardashians."

Handler recently said that she likes interviewing rappers because they will "say anything" and often hit on her.

Handler's memoirs have been turned into a new NBC comedy due to air in the fall entitled Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Other