Paula Deen dropped by Food Network following racial slur...

Paula Deen dropped by Food Network following racial slur...

Postby ntscuser » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 pm

The Food Network has announced that it will not renew Paula Deen's contract.

The celebrity chef, who is currently being sued for racial discrimination, caused controversy this week after she revealed in a legal deposition that she had used a racial slur in the past.

Admitting to using the N-word, she told police:"It's just what they are - they're jokes... most jokes are about Jewish people, rednecks, black folk... I can't determine what offends another person."

The network's decision came shortly after Deen released two videos apologising for any offence caused.

In her first professionally-edited video, the 66-year-old said: "I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate and hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable.

"I've made plenty of mistakes along the way but I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness."

However, the clip was soon deleted and replaced with another video (seen above), which was shot on her own handi-cam.

"Your colour, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter to me, but it's what's in the heart, and my family and I try to live by that," she insisted in the second clip.

Nevertheless, the channel later said: "Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month."

Deen responded in her own statement: "I have had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country and meeting people who have shared with me the most touching and personal stories. This would not have been possible without The Food Network.

"Thank you again. Love and best dishes to all of y'all."
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Other