'Breaking Bad's final season to be split in two

'Breaking Bad's final season to be split in two

Postby ntscuser » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Bryan Cranston has confirmed that the final season of Breaking Bad will be split into two parts.

AMC is preparing to wrap the journey of Cranston's character Walter White in the show's fifth and final season with 16 new episodes.

Cranston revealed to Entertainment Weekly: "We're splitting it. We're going to shoot the first eight, then take a four-month production break, then the rest will air next year."

On the fifth season's opener, the actor revealed that it will pick up "right where [they] left off".

"We're cleaning up the pieces from last season's huge ordeal where Gus Fring was forced to meet his maker," Cranston added. "It's not as easy as Walter thought.

"And as we've discovered over the years, you don't really know who Walter White is. I'm still discovering who he is and I'm trying to allow myself to be open to him going darker and darker.

"There's physical danger to himself and his family, plus there's the emotional danger due to his anger and hubris. It's about the evil that men do and where that takes him."

Cranston's co-star Aaron Paul recently revealed that Breaking Bad will return for its fifth season in July on AMC.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Crime