'Dark Knight Rises' writer Jonathan Nolan: I was drawn to TV

'Dark Knight Rises' writer Jonathan Nolan: I was drawn to TV

Postby ntscuser » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Screenwriter Jonathan Nolan has opened up about making the move to television.

Jonathan, who is the brother of acclaimed director Christopher Nolan, has previously worked on the scripts for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, in addition to writing the short story that serves as the basis for the film Memento.

However, Jonathan will be heading to the small screen with his first TV series Person of Interest, which debuts in the fall on CBS.

"One of the things I was drawn to with TV is that you get to see the fruits of your labour right away," Jonathan told the Los Angeles Times. "Even when everything is going perfectly [in film], two or three years have gone by. And sometimes it's six or seven. You're not the same person, and you're lucky if you even remember writing it."

He went on to say that is he looking forward to working on something for the long run.

"Working on a franchise, you come to really know the voice of a character - and then when you're done you have to throw the character away," Jonathan said. "There's something kind of tragic about that."

Person of Interest stars Jim Caviezel and Lost veteran Michael Emerson as an ex-CIA agent and a mysterious billionaire respectively.

Jonathan recently suggested that the crime drama will explore themes of "memory, paranoia and revenge", saying that he penned the series with his own feelings and tastes in mind.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Crime