'Lone Star' creator: 'The show is done'

'Lone Star' creator: 'The show is done'

Postby ntscuser » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Lone Star creator Kyle Killen has admitted that the series is unlikely to return.

The drama, about a con man living a double life in Texas, was cancelled by Fox after just two episodes, though Killen later revealed that he was "actively looking for another home".

However, the writer recently told Bullz-Eye that the show is now "done".

"I think there were a couple of places that made really great sense," he admitted. "But it's just that everything has to go 100% right for a show to make the leap from network to cable, and I just think the stars were not aligned for us."

He also claimed that Lone Star was "not quite dark enough" to move to Fox's pay TV channel, FX.

"We wouldn't care whether we liked [the lead character] or were rooting for him on FX," he suggested. "It'd be a little rougher. So that just sort of shows you how specifically targeted the cable networks are and why it's so difficult to take something from network, where the goal is not to target specifically but to cast a wide net."

However, Killen revealed that the show's four unaired episodes could receive some form of release in the future.

"We had... to hold off while we explored all of the cable options, but I think now that we've exhausted that process, we'd like to get them out there," he confirmed. "Those are solid hours, so we'd be eager to share it. I guess it's just a question of what the right delivery mechanism is at this point."

The final episode of Lone Star aired on September 27 on Fox.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Crime