‘Mayans M.C.’ renewed for second season on FX

‘Mayans M.C.’ renewed for second season on FX

Postby ntscuser » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:51 pm

FX will be keeping its “Sons of Anarchy” spin-off on the road for another season

In an announcement made this afternoon, the network has officially renewed freshman drama, “Mayans M.C.” for a second season. The news comes as the series continues to move into its first season, with its fifth episode set to premiere later tonight.

Nick Grad, the President of Original programming at FX Networks and FX Productions, commented on the renewal with the following:

“Mayans MC is performing fantastically, proving to be a breakout first season. The series premiered as the highest rated cable series this year and continues to sustain a committed fan base, reflecting the talent and drive of creators Kurt Sutter and Elgin James. We couldn’t be more excited to take this ride to a second season.”

“It still feels like a dream that Kurt took a shot on me, and that every day I get to learn from him and work with our brilliant writers, cast and crew who pour their hearts, blood and sweat into bringing Mayans MC to life,” said co-creator, Elgin James. “I’m also grateful to FX, Fox 21 and FXP for their support and faith in me.”

“The Mayans MC mythology sprung from the womb of Sons of Anarchy,” added Sutter. “But anyone who has taken the time to watch, knows it has become its own mythical creature.”

The series has been a massive ratings hit for FX ever since it made its premiere a little less than a month ago, and became the highest-rated new cable series of 2018. With a 0.8 live + same day average rating in the adults 18-49 demo and 2.04 million average viewers, it currently ranks as FX’s second highest-rated show of the year, behind only “American Horror Story: Apocalypse” (1.2).

“Mayans M.C.” airs every Tuesday night on FX.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Crime