‘Wisdom of the Crowd’ stopping at 13 episodes on CBS

‘Wisdom of the Crowd’ stopping at 13 episodes on CBS

Postby ntscuser » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 pm

The last of CBS’ first-year series to hear word of its future got some less-than-good news Monday: “Wisdom of the Crowd” won’t go beyond its initial 13-episode order

The network opted not to extend the show, which stars Jeremy Piven as a tech entrepreneur who uses a crowd-sourcing program to solve crimes. The show will remain in its Sunday time period to play out its remaining four episodes.

Piven has been accused of sexual harassment by three women, allegations he denies. CBS said in a statement several weeks ago that it’s “looking into the matter.”

“Wisdom of the Crowd” has also underperformed in the ratings so far this season. It’s averaging a 1.o rating among adults 18-49 and 7.39 million viewers for initial airings; a week of delayed viewing pushes it up to 1.3 and 9.26 million viewers.

Through the same time last season, “NCIS: Los Angeles” was averaging a same-day 1.5 in the 8 p.m. Sunday timeslot.

“Wisdom of the Crowd” is part of a mini-trend in the past couple seasons of “Tech Genius Takes on X Public Institution” procedurals. Two such shows aired in 2016-17 — “Pure Genius” on CBS and “APB” on FOX. Both were canceled.

CBS has yet to announce a lineup for the second half of the season but would have several options to fill the 8 p.m. Sunday spot after “Wisdom” ends its run. It has one new drama, “Instinct,” on the bench, along with veteran shows “The Amazing Race,” “Code Black” and “Elementary.”

The network’s rookies this fall have a decidedly mixed record. “Young Sheldon” and “SWAT” earned full-season orders, “9JKL” got a three-episode extension and “Me, Myself & I” was pulled after six episodes (though it will complete production on its 13-episode order).
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Crime