‘SWAT’ gets a full season on CBS, ‘9JKL’ extended too

‘SWAT’ gets a full season on CBS, ‘9JKL’ extended too

Postby ntscuser » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm

CBS will keep “SWAT” on the streets for a full season

The network announced late Friday afternoon that it’s given a full-season order to the rookie drama starring Shemar Moore. The show has put up decent ratings in its first three weeks.

CBS has also extended the run of comedy “9JKL,” though not for a full season. The show starring Mark Feuerstein got an order of three extra episodes to bring its total for the season to 16.

“SWAT’s” order is for seven additional episodes, which will bring its total to 20. That’s two shy of the standard 22-episode full season, but given the show’s late premiere date (Nov. 2) that’s not much of a surprise.

The series is averaging a 1.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 6.53 million viewers for its initial airings on Thursday nights. Delayed viewing pushes the show up to a 1.9 in the 18-49 demographic (and 2.8 among CBS’ core of adults 25-54) and 10.36 million viewers.

“9JKL” had an OK start behind “The Big Bang Theory” for the first few weeks of the season, averaging a 1.4 in adults 18-49 for its first four episodes. After “Big Bang” moved to Thursdays, however, “9JKL” has averaged just a 0.8; its season average is 1.1, improving to 1.4 in Live +3 ratings.

CBS has extended four of its six new shows so far this season; “Young Sheldon” and “SEAL Team’ also got full-season orders. Comedy “Me, Myself & I” is off the schedule and all but canceled.

There’s still no word yet on drama “Wisdom of the Crowd,” which is nearing the end of production on its initial 13 episodes.

CBS has new shows “Living Biblically” and “Instinct” on deck for later in the season along with returnees “Code Black,” “Elementary,” “Ransom” and “The Amazing Race.”
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Crime