'So You Think You Can Dance' results show "axed by Fox"

'So You Think You Can Dance' results show "axed by Fox"

Postby ntscuser » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:34 pm

The So You Think You Can Dance weekly results show has been axed by Fox, according to the show's co-creator Nigel Lythgoe.

Lythgoe revealed the news on Sunday (January 1), but said he is thankful that So You Think You Can Dance will continue in a new capacity.

"FOX have cancelled the results show so I will have to change the format of SYTYCD. At least we have another season at the end of MAY," he tweeted.

Lythgoe went on to urge fans to be happy that So You Think You Can Dance will be returning in a new format and asked them not to be concerned with the scheduling change.

He added: "Don't worry SYTYCD fans. I'm thrilled we have a new series. We'll do our best to find some great talent starting next week in Atlanta… I'm certainly not mad at FOX they have supported SYTYCD FOR 9 seasons."

It is not yet not known how So You Think You Can Dance's weekly eliminations will be announced when the show returns this summer.

So You Think You Can Dance kicks off its auditions in Atlanta on January 5 and moves on to Dallas on January 13.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Reality/Talent Shows