'Survivor: South Pacific' crowns winner

'Survivor: South Pacific' crowns winner

Postby ntscuser » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:35 am

Sophie Clarke has been crowned the winner of Survivor: South Pacific.

The 22-year-old medical student from Willsboro, New York scooped the title of 'Sole Survivor' and the $1m (£645,202) prize in tonight's live season finale of the CBS competition.

She beat out runner-up Benjamin 'Coach' Wade and third-placed player Albert Destrade. Ozzy Lusth finished in fourth place, while Rick Nelson rounded out the top five.

"I thought I had a good chance. Coach got demolished in the final Tribal Council and Whitney gave me her mind too, so I don't know. But I thought I had a chance [to win]," Sophie said following her victory.

"I had my finger on the pulse of the game the whole time and tried to figure out people's motivations. I tried to work within the framework of the game. They created this game about being loyal and trustworthy and being Godly, so I tried to work within that."

Asked if she agreed with some of her fellow players' criticisms about her "condescending" personality, she said: "I think that I have a very hard exterior and I think that comes off sometimes as being too blunt and standoffish or maybe pretentious. I'm very confident in myself. I've been taught my whole life to have self-esteem so to have that thrown back in my face was not very nice."

Survivor airs on CBS.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Reality/Talent Shows